Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Sayings


"Life, like classical music, is full of difficult passages that are conquered as much through endurance and determination as through any particular skill."
Sheri Dew

11 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful spring flowers--and such a perfectly lovely thought for today--thank-you!

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday...

GRAMS said...

Are you done with your chores yet? I want to play!

Just a bed of roses said...

Love a sherri Dew saying...love music in my life.

Donna said...

Great quote, and I love the spring flowers!

Hugs,
Donna

The Gathering Place said...

Thank you for entering my blog give away. I'm sorry you didn't win, but thank you for supporting Holly. I love the Sherri Dew quote. I hadn't heard it before!
JoAnn

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Dear Mimi Sue - I love visiting you on Sunday. Your thoughts are so uplifting.

Aunt Elsie's in Gardner Village, is open now. I work on Monday and Tuesday from 10:00 to 6:00.

Come see me!

Hugs
cindy@stitches

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

How true, and I love the primroses, too!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Love your planter box! It is so fun to see the outside of your home change through the differnt seasons! Have a wonderful FHE and week!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Julie Harward said...

wow...beautiful thought, something to think about! :D

Brenda Pruitt said...

Never heard that quote. But it's so apt and so beautiful!
Brenda

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thank you for all your wonderful "Sunday Sayings", Mimi-Sue. They're always inspiring!
I LOVE your bunny penny rug, below!!! You did a beautiful job.
And I got a kick out of your comment regarding harmonizing with the Carpenters. I used to love to do that too. I still have all their old vinyl albums. : )
M.L.