Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside!


Don't you think it's a little early in the year for this?




The temperature this morning.


Not good for my roses.


8 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Time for roses to sleep now I think..we are having real cold temps too..15 at night! :D

camp and cottage living said...

Yes, it's too cold! We had 38 all day and snow. Not that it stayed.

Karen Mortensen said...

Holy cow. I guess I will stop complaining about the cold here.

Connie said...

That's an understatement! It's hard to let go of the summer flowers. I still have mine in the ground and they're dead. Time to face the fact, it's over! (sob)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

brrrrr! It is cold here too. This morning it is only 34.

You asked about the chalk painting holding up on high traffic areas. Since this is the first time I am using it, I have nothing to go by. But Amy at Mason Decor blog used it on her kitchen cabinets so you could ask her. Here is her link:
http://maisondecor8.blogspot.com/

Hugs,
Penny

Donna said...

Brrrrr, that is cold! It's 50 degrees here and I think that's cold.

Lisa said...

My roses suffered terribly this year because of last year's horrendous freeze. NOT AGAIN! She screams, fist to the heavens! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

We've had hard frosts here, and even a little snow, but last year the ground was already covered, so I'm not complaining lol! Thanks for entering my giveaway!