Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Patriotic Panel Banner

I thought I'd do a little patriotic sewing last week
 
so I bought a banner panel from my local quilt shop.
 
A design by Riley Blake Fabrics.
 
 
 



The panel consists of triangular shapes that can be cut out and sewn together.  Then you sew the triangles to a long piece of fabric or seam binding to make a nice long banner. 
 


 
 
Very simple project. 
 
I think it turned out pretty cute.

 
 
 
 
The panels come in other holiday fabrics and colors too.
 
I'm especially fond of the Halloween banner but the green and red of Christmas is adorable too.
 
 
 


7 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

That is so adorable. Love it.

Kathleen Grace said...

This type of project should be quick and easy, and the panel must surely help make it easier. It's adorable to boot!

Kerin said...

Simply sweet! I love the banner, and I had no idea that such a panel existed. I should see if our one little fabric store carries such a thing.

Love the way that you've decorated the porch for summer... so charming.

K.

Donna said...

Love it! Your porch looks so nice and inviting.

Scrap for Joy said...

This is such a cute banner...I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for those panels. Your porch looks adorable. Our house just sold (in a day) and we are off to the beach to look for a new home. I'd love to have a cute porch like yours!!
Happy Summertime!
xoxo
Joyce

Heidi said...

Very cute! What a great project. I wonder if our one and only fabric store carries this, I'll have to check! Looking patriotic! Hugs, Heidi

June said...

So pretty Mimi! I love your pretty porch too!
hugs...