Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Containers

 
I found a couple of new to me items to use as planters this year in the garden.
 
This vintage orange metal fertilizer spreader.
 
 
 


And this vintage red metal garden cart.
 
 


Both from yard sales and both under $10.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

How long have these been planted? Very nice!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love them both!

Primitive Stars said...

Wonderful, love using odd containers to plant in. love them both, Blessings Francine.

The Gathering Place said...

That is a fun idea!

Donna said...

They look great, Mimi! I like to see different kinds of containers in a garden.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my...you find the CUTEST stuff up North. I'm so jealous!
I just love your happy home...both inside and out. Thanks for visiting yesterday. Today, I added a couple of photos Sara took of the dress with her amazing camera. Much better than mine. : )
Happy Summer,
ML

Karen Mortensen said...

So adorable. Love it.

Scrap for Joy said...

Your clever planters are adorable! We are getting ready to move and we will have a blank canvas to work with....almost no landscaping. It would be fun to find items like these to use for planting. You always have the cutest ideas!
xoxo
Joyce

Kerin said...

Lucky you!!!
I've been wanting similar old garden gadgets like that to plant in, as well.

Hope you got the recipe that I posted on your last post.
Give it a try... you'll love it.
By the way, it makes chicken taste yummy too :)

Warm regards, my friend.

K.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

LOVE!! I never thought of using a fertilizer spreader for a planter!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh boy! Love the flea market/junk style fun containers! Suweeeeeet!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to share. Discovered some new great pages.
luxury-apartment-interior

Art and Sand said...

Such cute containers.

June said...

These are so cute Mimi! I love things like this in the garden although I was to lazy and broke to plant mine this spring:)))) Your newest additions are so pretty!
hugs from here...