Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Friday, August 22, 2014

Progress on the Living Room

 
The living room has a new area rug!
 
I found it at Target last week.
 
On clearance, plus $15 off.
 
Had to get it, right?
 
 


It has a nice little texture.
 
Kind of a bland color, but I've got so much going on in there.
 
It's a place for the eye to rest.  Or so they say on HGTV!
 



Since I was in the rug shopping mode, I decided to find a new one for the entry.  Home Depot, also on sale.
 
This one isn't bland or boring.
 

 
 
I love our living room.
 
It's not very big.
 
But it's a great place to
  get away from the TV and read or think or plan.  Everyone needs a little quiet spot.
 
 
 
 
It's the home of some of my favorite things.
 
 
 
 
Pictures of my grandparents and my kids.
 
 
 
 
A crocheted edging my great grandmother made and I had framed years ago.
 
 
 
 
 A picture of my mom as a baby ca.1922.
 





 
 


 
 
Pretty happy with the way it's turning out.
 
Our little sanctuary.
 
 


7 comments:

vivian said...

such a sweet room! very cozy.. looks like a great place to relax and cuddle up with some magazines or a book!
happy weekend
xoxo
vivian

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That was the perfect rug for the room. I love your checks and florals. So pretty.

Kathleen Grace said...

Golly Sue, I just l♥ve the black and white check sofa and the black print chair..in fact the whole room just calls my name! I guess I need to start haunting Target more, I keep seeing people who found great deals on rugs there. The home depot rug is gorgeous!

Karen Mortensen said...

Love it. It does look so peaceful.

Kerin said...

Hi there,
Oh, I do love how your living room looks, and must feel.
Peaceful, and tranquil.
It's so nice to have little memories tucked into cabinets, and on shelves; to be enjoyed each and every day.

Nice job!!!

The Gathering Place said...

I love the new rugs! I've been. Looking for one for my dining room, but haven't come across one I like and can afford. Hope I can find something as nice.

marie said...

I saw your blog on Joyce's blog - Scrap for Joy. Thought I'd pop by to visit. I love your living room!! I think the rugs are perfect for the space!