Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Friday, October 30, 2009

Wrapping Up Halloween

I just wanted to show you one little thing that I made last week. I can't remember where I saw this, it's something I copied, (you know I haven't had an original idea since 1986). It's one of those candle jars that they use in the Catholic church, I got mine at Walmart. I just decoupaged some halloween scrapbook paper to the candle, then decoupaged the vintage halloween image over the paper. So easy. I'm thinking they might be a great little Christmas gift if you'd use Christmas paper.

6 comments:

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Hea cutie, why 1986? That is so funny. Darling candle, I've never used that decko stuff.

I did just come back from the fabric store. I'm so excited. I'll post it.

What are you doing tomorrow night on all hallows eve?

cindy@stitches

GRAMS said...

That's fun!. Happy happy birthday. 39 never looked so good ;0)

Julie Harward said...

Very good and cute idea! You are full of them I think! Come say hi :D

Sue said...

Yes...why 1986...this is a very cute idea...with a little imagination and a trip to Walmart see what you can come up with....Happy Halloween!!

Kathleen Grace said...

This is a great idea. I just saw something similar in a magazine last night. They used some pretty white papers and embellished a group of these for Christmas.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

this is a fun idea. could do it for ever single holiday.....
i can see i'm not alone when i ask, why 1986?
i'm glad to know that lorraine is a real live woman! lol
happy halloween!