Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Miracles and A Trellis

We've had a couple of nice days this week, no snow, hail, sleet, or rain. Hallelujah, it's a miracle. It's almost June for heaven's sake. So we've been out in the backyard working on our big summer project. A couple of weeks ago the mister made this trellis to shade our patio. Today we cemented it into place.Two bittersweet vines that I planted last year now have a place to climb. Even without the vines it really cozied up the place.

12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

How nice, I love trellis's! Love the furniture too, I need to get some new pads this year and am having a hard time finding some! Come say hi :D

Brenda said...

Hi Mimmi!

I Love to see what you've been up to! Your trellis looks great. I would love to put some trellis's in my back yard. Thanks for sharing!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is a great trellis- makes a great backdrop to the furniture, too! I bet it will be gorgeous with the bittersweet!

Brenda said...

oops, sorry! I spelled your sweet name-- Mimi with two m's. Please forgive me. I'm tired :O

Kathleen Grace said...

Really pretty! It is going to make the prettiest little sheltered spot to sit!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the trellis! It'll be such a nice shady cozy place when the vines grow up it!

Manuela

Lisa said...

My parents have wisteria growing up their trellises and it's just fantastic! Can't wait to see how yours does...as soon as the snow/hail/sleet/torrents of rain are gone for good. When will that be?

GRAMS said...

That really looks good. I love the furniture as well. This weather is crazy isn't it. I've been trying to cram as much as I can into the nice days.

Donna said...

Very nice, Mimi! I really like it. It does make it cozy!

Hugs,
Donna

Robin Johnson said...

Oh how lovely! It's beautiful now, just wait until the vines have time to grow up them!

joy said...

Mimi Sue, By summers end it will be so beautiful! I saw you the other day, you were to far away to say hi, so HI!
Joy

Lallee said...

You are really coming along on your projects. The trellis really does make for a cozy place. It will be really beautiful once the vine climbs up. I picture you really enjoying this spot.