Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chocolate Chips

Hope you all had as much fun on the 4th as we did here at Mimi's Cottage. In between the bar-b-ques, fireworks, potato salad, and mosquitoes I made these cookies. The recipe is from Sweet Cottage Dreams and they really are yummy. So if it's not too hot to turn on your oven you should give them a try.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2 softened sticks butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt

1-12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine flour, soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl beat butter til light and fluffy. Add the sugars. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat til fluffy.

Slowly add the flour mixture. Beat until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.

Place spoon sized dollops of cookie dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes-til golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

Thank you Becky! They were a big hit!

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

Those look so good. My kids has ice cream bars for lunch, I think I'll make these for dinner. D won't mind at all. He'll just be mad he missed out on the ice cream lunch--it's his favorite.

Julie Harward said...

Glad you had a good weekend...these cookies look very yummy, I think I'll make them this afternoon..thanks! :D

Anonymous said...

OH, those look soo good, I have to try and make them!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Mimi-Sue,
The strangest thing happened...all the comments left at my place yesterday just disappeared. Can't figure it out. Anyway, you mentioned two links Sara and I might enjoy looking at (I think)...will you please stop by once more and just leave those links again in a new comment? Thanks so much.
I had to run out and get me one of those red polka-dot frames after seeing yours (below). SO SO CUTE!! : )
Mary Lou

Anne Fannie said...

Yum! They look so good, thanks for the recipe!! Its never to hot to turn on the oven for freshly baked chocolate chip cookies!

~Ann

Just a bed of roses said...

I was avoiding coming over here when I saw the chocolate chip post with a picture of cookies...afraid you would post a yummy recipe.

I was right, you did, darn you and it looks good, especially the two sticks of butter..can't go wrong.

I think I will go run to vintage cupcake company in ogden now...no cooking for me today! well, to be truthful I would eat every cookie...so don't dare.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Mimi~I was so happy to see you came in for a little chat.
I love taking home baked chocolate chip cookies and making ice cream sandwiches out of them.
We had a houseful for the fourth's festivities. Unfortunately, when our guests flew in (last week) I'd come down with an awful cold that took my voice(completely) away. Yup, entertaining was a challenge with laryngitis!
I have to say there were times when it was very funny when I needed someones attention... I'd wave my hands frantically over my head, it worked quite well.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Your cookies look awesome! I am glad that you enjoyed the recipe - well, the revised one at least. LOVE the plate and glass, too! I made a batch of these today to take up to my mom this weekend. Hopefully I won't eat them on the trip up. ha.

xo
becky