Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cleaning Out the Coop

The mister and I have been cleaning out our chicken coop.


It hasn't been a place for chickens to reside for many, many years.

It's been more of a storage unit.


We dragged every piece of junk treasure out into our yard.
Some stuff we haven't seen for a long, long time.




One of our neighbors walked by and said he thought it looked like our coop
had barfed all over our backyard.  Nice.



He was kind of right.


15 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I cannot believe that little space could hold all of that...now, what to do with all the stuff! ;D

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

We have done some of that major cleaning this summer and it is a LOT of work. The hardest part is finding a place for everything and deciding what to get rid of.

Kathleen Grace said...

Hmmmm, I see some really great stuff in there! I would have a hard time not carrying a lot of it back in:>)

camp and cottage living said...

What's wrong with that neighbor? I see a lot of treasures there!
You're a lucky lady to be getting chickens-I'm full of envy!

Scrap for Joy said...

Treasures I think....not junk. Someday I hope to find a cute twin bed to convert into a bench. I've seen lots of them on Pinterest.
xoxo
Joyce

Sunny Simple Life said...

I see some treasures in there too. That bed is so vintage I love it.

Gayle said...

I'm going to be at Kay's next Tuesday for rug hooking - maybe I should walk over and do some shopping? LOL

Diane's Photography said...

Sue, you are hillarious! I saw lot of good treasures in the pile of barfed stuff! isn't junk great? haahaa
love ya

Donna said...

Wow, I see lots of treasures!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

AH, Im such a sad case! There is "stuff" from the very depths of your chicken coop that looks like treasures to me! LOL If I would have been the neighbor that was walking by I wouldn't have thought "barff" I would have thought ooooo, do you want that? LOL
So what are you going to do with your "chicken coop" now? Still storage? Or a play house? or ?
AND I LOVE your little blue trike! How fun is that. Where is it going to call home?
Enjoy
Mercy

Grandma Honey said...

Hoping for an update about what you did....did you put it all back? Donated some of it?

That's a great idea of pulling it all out so you can really see it 'in the naked light of day' as that song goes.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Nice neighbor :)

You obviously have a big coop! I see a three tired shelving thingie that I'd love! Lots of cute stuff there.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

It sure looks like you have been busy! I am doing the same on the inside of my home! Seems like you are having a fun summer to with grandchildren too!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

LOL! Our garage could do that, too!

Lisa said...

I want to sift through that puke...I know. Gross.