Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Friday, July 22, 2011

One (Wo)man's Junk

The other day I was walking by one of our elderly neighbor's homes.

The wife died a few years ago and the husband now resides in a care center.

Their adult children were cleaning out their childhood home and
they were throwing this in the dumpster!


Ummmm.  If you don't want that anymore, I'll give it a good home...




You all do understand, don't you?

What a treasure.

16 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Oh I am with ya it is a treasure for sure.
Cathy

Julie Harward said...

Oh do I...what a little beauty! What are you going to do with it? I would be tempted to paint it red! ;D

camp and cottage living said...

I totally understand. I have a red one. But the blue is very unusual.
Mine resided in my garden. But I
like them on porches as well.

GRAMS said...

That's so awesome. I love it!

janis said...

IT's a BEAUTY!
II would keep it how it is or repaint the same blue & white. Very precious...great find!

The Gathering Place said...

You just captured a piece of someone's past. Doesn't it make you wonder about who rode it and what was going on at the time? How fun.

Brenda said...

Yes..a treasure for sure! I can't wait to see what you are going to do with it! Way to go!

Donna said...

Oh yes! It certainly is a treasure!

Hugs,
Donna

from me to thee......... said...

as soon as I clicked on your blog, before I even began reading it, I saw that sweet little bike and it just melted my heart...glad you gave it a good home, it would have made me sad to see it go in the dump!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Did you even have to ask?? Ha! We understand......AND HOW! :-D
xo,
Mary Lou

Grandma Honey said...

oh yes, I would have wanted to rescue that too!!

Diane's Photography said...

Sue! you always find the best stuff...when it's junk here, it's junk!!! I love in the wrong area! haahaa I love it!

Diane's Photography said...

oops, I meant LIVE in the wrong area! haha

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

oh yes!! one's trash is another's treasure...

so cute!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Totally understand - it's so cute! It would probably wind up in my garden with a plant on it.

saeed ahmed thanvi said...

World's Most Popular Cars, Hot Speed Cars, Hot Cars with Hot Girls, Cars Latest Pictures with all info, Latest updates Cars Models and Company Cars, Strange Vehicles, Concept Cars, Top 10 Expensive Cars in the World.
Visit this Link for More Strange Vehicles and Cars with Latest info and Pictures
WorldLatestVehicles.com