Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Friday, September 2, 2011

Implants



Mimi was lucky enough to have an implant done this week.  No not that kind of implant!  One of my teeth! 

I've had a bridge for many years but I guess they don't last forever so this procedure was the next step.

My dentist thought I should have one so I wouldn't walk around looking like Ma Kettle.  Great idea! 


I just have to say to whoever invented Lortab, THANK YOU!!   I can't even remember Tuesday and just bits and pieces of Wednesday.  

We could have gone on a luxury cruise to Hawaii for what one tooth cost.

The mister said it was totally worth it.  I guess he didn't want to be married to Ma Kettle.

4 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

I know your pain...physically and financially. I have had 5 implants and the saddest thing is that I've worked in Dentistry for over 30 years but for the last 12, for a orthodontist so I still had to pay for these babies! Orthodontists only do braces :(
What your husband says is true, it is worth it. Not for appearance but to protect your "bite"...if you lose a tooth and don't replace it, the rest of your teeth will shift and you'll lose them, too. OK, end of sermon-lol!
Glad you were pain free for a few days.
xoxo
Joyce

Connie said...

Oh, I hate dealing with teeth! I hope this works for you and you have a beautiful smile! Some times it's OK to be in la-la land while dealing with the pain!

Sunny Simple Life said...

I have heard it is very expensive but a permanent solution so I guess that is a good thing right? Glad you are feeling better.

Grandma Honey said...

So was that your front tooth area you had the implant in? I didn't realize bridges wear out over time. So did the pain just last for a few days or does it still hurt? Curious because I may be going through the same thing soon.