Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Friday, December 9, 2011

Apple Dumplings


It's been colder than normal here in northern Utah this past week and when
it gets cold I want to turn on the oven and bake something.

A friend of mine gave me this easy recipe for apple dumplings a couple of weeks
ago so I thought I'd give it a try.

When apples are baking it sure makes your house smell good.


Apple Dumplings

2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced into eighths
2 tubes crescent rolls
2 cubes butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
cinnamon, to taste
1 can Mt. Dew  (I know, weird huh)



Roll each apple slice in crescent roll.  Place in buttered 9 X 13 pan.  Or
you could use cooking spray if you're on a diet. ;)
Melt butter, add sugar and barely stir. You want grainy, buttery, sugar.
Add vanilla.  Pour mixture over crescent rolls.  Sprinkle cinnamon over all.
I probably used about a tablespoonish.  Now pour Mt. Dew all around the
edges of the pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.

Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.  Pour juices from the pan
over all.  Delicious.

7 comments:

wendy said...

I'll be making this for sure.
I can almost smell the goodness of it.....yummmm

The Gathering Place said...

Nothing goes better with cold weather than yummy apple dumplings. The smell of the apples and cinnamon is heavenly. I hope you are surviving this crazy weather in Utah!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Wow, this is a beautiful yummy looking dessert! I'm gluten free, so the crescent rolls are out, but I might be able to adapt this with my own dough! Thanks for sharing!

Simple Home said...

This sounds delicious. I'm writing crescent rolls on my grocery list right now (we already have the Mt. Dew) :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Karen Mortensen said...

Looks good. I will be right over. LOL

cherry said...

oHhh wow...that sounds delish! cherry

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Don't these look good! Yummy. Last night for desert I made apple crisp, andthing with apples seems to taste good in winter...and the wonderful smell when it bakes.