Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fairy Garden

 
 
I've been wanting to plant a fairy garden for several years.
 
This year there were no plans to plant lawns, build patio covers or install fences
so I decided that this would be the year!
 
 
I found a cute little chair that was just the right size for a garden fairy.
 
I already had a polka dot mushroom.
 
 
In my shed I found a picnic basket that had seen better days that wasn't being used for anything.  I lined it with cocofiber
that I got from the nursery.

 
A  half a cup of fish tank gravel made a great little path.

 
Baby tears, an impatien, maidenhair fern, and a little polka dot plant surrounds the fairy chair.

 
And a tiny little white bunny to keep the fairy company when she comes to visit.
 

11 comments:

The Gathering Place said...

I love fairy gardens! What a great place for an imagination to grow! Where did you get that cute little chair? I love it.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Adorable and so cute in the picnic basket

Carol

June said...

This must be one special little faerie my friend. She will love her new garden for sure!
hugs...

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

SO cute! Love everything you've gathered...and how fun to use a picnic basket!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, love your sweet little Fairy garden, now I want to make one.....that little chair is soooo cute, great job, Blessings Francine.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Maybe ..... Just Maybe you will be able to catch a fairy!
( yeah, just watched TinkerBell and the great fairy rescue with a little sweet pea. I'm so " up" on fairys and us, humans now. :0 )
For sure your little sweet peas will love your fairy garden. Way cute.
Enjoy.
Lewaina

Lisa said...

I love it. I read about fairy gardens just the other day and thought it was fantastic, but then I remembered that I can't keep my big people garden thriving, so I have no business ruining one for a fairy.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Mimi, I love your fairy garden and I know MY little fairies would love it too. I have every thing to make one, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Love that little blue chair..Happy Weekend..Judy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your fairy garden is so cute! Love that you used that basket!

Scrap for Joy said...

I must have missed this post while away last week. Your faerie garden is so very sweet with the little chair and bunny. I have always liked polka dot plant..it fits in perfectly. Next year I think I'll make one, too. I will be scouting for supplies!
xoxo
Joyce

Loree Clary said...

I love the miniature garden. I do minature scapes all the time and enter them in the fair. They are so much fun.