Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Mystery

 
Do you remember this post?
 
It was about the little wire heart hanger filled with yarn for the beautification
and comfort of the neighborhood birds nests.
 
 I happily hung it on a little branch in one of our trees.
 
And waited.  And waited.  And waited.
 
I never saw one single bird take one single strand of yarn out of the thing.
 
Although one day I saw a squirrel hanging from the basket taking a few
brightly colored pieces of yarn for his (her) nest.
 
 
 
The other day I went out to check on it and this is what I found.

 
No wire heart thing.
 
Only little pieces of yarn scattered here and there.


 
 
I've looked all over the place for the little wire hanger.
 
I don't think the squirrels were strong enough to take it.
 
Could it have been a raccoon? 
 
 
It's a mystery.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Hmmmm.......

The Gathering Place said...

Those raccoons are pretty annoying. That would be my guess. Hope you find it.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am thinking it was a raccoon....they can be quite pesky!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Mimi: It could have been a raccoon. A racoon who likes to knit. If you happen to see any racoons walking around wrapped in an afghan, then you'll know..Happy Wednesday..Judy