Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lost Treasures

Since the weather has been so wintery lately, I've been down in the basement going through boxes and bins and piles of stuff. Sorting, tossing, organizing, and finding things I never thought I'd see again. We've moved three times in the last four years, so I'd packed away stuff that I didn't think I'd need, and it's stayed in boxes and bins for all that time. The problem was, since it was packed away and it was hard to find, when I needed some wrapping paper, I'd just go down and buy some more. Much easier than trying to find it. I ended up with a huge box of gift bags and tissue paper. I'm talking 10 year supply.Same with quilt batting.Sorting and sifting.
I've found little treasures from my childhood.And treasures from the more recent past. Lots of stuff for future projects.
I've still got a lot more to do. I've got to get this cleared out so the mister can start working on the playroom. Looks like this spring we'll be having one gigantic garage sale.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wa-hoo! I was going to ask if you were having a yard sale and then got my answer! I will be there. ;)

How is it having the whole house all to yourself? I think it would be utter bliss.

heather said...

Oh! I love yellow houses and red doors!!

I just saw your comment on Shell in Your Pocket and I have to say props to you for your battle against refined sugar. Its a tough thing to do! (I gave 'em up about six years ago) But it is SO SO worth it!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..in midst of this..you really do have so me great treasures..when is your sale?????
-sandy toe

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Makes me glad to hear I am not the only one! I think I have so much Christmas wrapping paper that I never need to buy it again, either! Good for you for clearing things out though, I am sure it feels good.
Carrie

Lallee said...

Put those adorable dolls and the clock in the sale and I'll be right there! Isn't it fun to find lost treasures. They are like all new again!

Annie said...

Send me some of that quilt batting... I'm making a baby blanket!

GRAMS said...

I love garage sales. How about a preview sale for your bestest blogging friends