Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Wall in the Hall

First of all I wanted to let you know, because so many people have asked, that I will be posting a tutorial on the cupcake pincushion as soon as I can get my act together. I will also get the recipe for the fudge and mints and post them as well. I didn't even bring the recipe home with me because I was afraid I would make a batch. And then eat most of it. But I will sacrifice myself for all of you. I suppose it is my blogging duty.
This is what we've been doing this week. Our son in law has had a little off time from his job and so we put him to work beautifying our hall. It's gonna be so great.


15 comments:

Joy said...

Your hall looks beautiful!
You are so lucky to have a son-in-law with great woodworking skills.

Aubrey said...

Ooh, that looks so good! I'm jealous--I want something like that, but we have so many things we want to do, I'm afraid to bring it up. Especially, too, when every other day I want to move out of this little house!
Sheesh, I'm slow, I should have asked for the recipes too--don't you know you're supposed to make a batch and send them this way? With so many helpers, I hardly get enough anyway (unless I hide it). See, you need a two-year-old living with you. I have to give S-man bites of everything.

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

Your hall looks wonderful. Where did you get your wainscoating from? I want to do it through my whole house.

Nola said...

Can I copy your photo? I want to put that in my "to do" file. I have the old fashioned picture frame molding, but this is more "me". I love the clean crisp lines, it is perfect.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love that paneling! I've been wanting to do that to my dining room. Looks so pretty!

Manuela

Sue said...

Very Nice...can I borrow your son-in-law??

nikkicrumpet said...

What beautiful trim work in your hall. I love your house! I had to stop by to meet you because I saw a comment you made over at Sue's that said "Home Depot and lunch at Taco Time". I used to live in Utah and I think that's the only place they had Taco Time's....dang I miss me a crips chicken burrito with a passion. I swear that'st the best fast food on the planet! Thanks for the little reminder of home. hmmm I wonder if they'd ship me lunch across the country??

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wall treatment! Lucky you to have a carpenter in the family!!!

I am looking forward to your tutorial on the cupcake pincushion---AND the fudge recipe!!

Have a great weekend. Dana

Kelli said...

Your hall looks beautiful...wow!
~Kelli

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love that! What a wonderful addition to the hall. I might have to copy that someday, when I have a house with a hall :-)
Hugs,
Penny

Annie said...

WOW! He did a great job. Good thinking doing it while Dad was away.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh how wonderful your hallway looks! I love it!!!! Hugs, Maryjane

Janiece said...

That is beautiful!
It looks amazing.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh this looks so good!

Donna said...

How beautiful!

I love wainscoating.