Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Patriotic Door Decor

Easy to make for your door or any other place that needs a little red, white, and blue.

Cut and fan fold scrapbook paper, glue center, add a little something in the middle, and something to hang it with. A cute idea that I copied from here, since I haven't had an original idea since 1986. If you click on the link there's a video on other great ideas for these easy patriotic decorations. Don't you just love the 4th of July?

7 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

So very festive - I love it. I'm totally making a trip to Micheals today to pick up a some scrapbook paper. Maybe by tomorrow I'll have me own to enjoy. Thanks!

Julie Harward said...

That is really cute and your front door look so nice, this would be a fun gift to make and give too...have a happy 4th! :D

Lisa said...

Haven't had an original idea since 1986? Hahahahahaha! That's hysterical!

Scrap for Joy said...

I like yours better Sue! I wish I had a protected doorway to do these kinds of things...I guess I could make one for the inside of the front door..hmmmmm.
(your idea was original...you were just inspired someplace else :D)
xoxo
Happy 4th
Joyce

Kathleen Grace said...

Too cute! I love decorating for the fourth, and this is really different from decorations I usually see. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Just a bed of roses said...

Love your paper though, I saw it that day also, but wasnt fond of the bright paper...so see, I want your paper!

do I have to go to heartland to get it or is there a closer place?

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea. Wish I had the energy to whip that one up before sat.Looks good on your door.