Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Sayings

"There is no substitute under the heavens for productive labor. It is the process by which dreams become realities. It is the process by which idle visions become dynamic achievements." Gordon B Hinckley

7 comments:

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Good morning Mimi, I am so grateful that my fathers lived by those words too and he taught me the joys of working. Through our labor we will find great things.

Love ya babe
cindy@stitches

Sue said...

Love the Poppies Mimi, so pretty. What a true and beautiful quote. As always such a pleasure to visit you.
Hope you are having a restful Sunday.
Hugs,
Sue

Brenda Pruitt said...

And it is well worth remembering!
Brenda

Eric and Caralee said...

Hi Mimi Sue, Thank You so much for your comment on my blog (I'm Caralee, niece of Mercy Otis). As hard as it was to lose my brother it is so good to know that there are others who understand our situation. Thank you for your prayers for our family, they have surely been felt. Love Caralee

Donna said...

Love the photo and the quote, Mimi!

Hugs,
Donna

Lisa said...

I was hoping for a magic pill, but alas, if the Prophet says it's true, it must be...guess I'd better get to work.

Nanette Merrill said...

It takes me out of a funk, too.