Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Garden Tour

 
 
A couple of months ago we were asked if we'd like to be a part of a neighborhood
garden tour.  It's kind of hard to know what your garden is going to look like in August
in May.  I was kind of nervous because we've had a  hot, record breaking summer this year.
 
But we watered and weeded and mowed and pruned and the garden
never looked better.
 
Way to go garden!
 
 

 
 
Our window boxes needed water at least twice a day all summer long.
 

 
So did anything in a pot.


 
The zinnias, of course, loved the heat.
 
Come on in to the backyard.
 


 
We had a record setting crop of Asian Pears.
 
 
The perfect spot for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
 
Don't they just taste better outside?



 


 
The garden tour was last week and now the pressure is off.
 
Time to just enjoy the last few weeks of summer 2012 in our garden.

14 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your garden is SO wonderful, Mimi! I can see why they wanted you to be part of the tour! So charming, colorful, and such lovely vignettes...your photos are almost like being there...wish I was!

cynthia lee designs said...

Your garden is so pretty!! Love the heart on the gate.
Cindy

Kerin said...

Beautiful!
I can see why they asked you to participate in the garden tour.

Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor :)
Enjoy the last days of summer and blossoms.

K.

Gayle said...

ARGH! I'm so sad that I didn't know about this! I'm sure your yard was one of the nicest on the tour!

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, oh I really enjoyed the garden tour,the flowers so pretty. I also love the heart on the gate, nice touch. Blessings Francine.

The Gathering Place said...

Your garden looked so lovely. I think it is nice tohavesomething festive at your house because it always makes me work harder knowing people are coming.

Brenda said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the tour, I love home grown flowers! Your garden is wonderful!

Geneva said...

I'm not sure I could handle the pressure of a garden tour, but your garden looked great! All the hard work certainly paid off, and you should definitely sit back and enjoy now that the tour is over. Great Photographs!

wendy said...

Thanks for taking ME on this lovely garden tour.
I enjoyed all if it.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your garden is beautiful! What a lovely honor to be on the tour.

Lisa said...

Seriously, you must have green fingers, not just thumbs. I loved your oil cloth banner, too. So perfect! Everything you do is perfect!

Donna said...

Your garden looks beautiful, Mimi. How nice to be part of the garden tour.

Hugs,
Donna

camp and cottage living said...

Your flowers look gorgeous. I especially like the way they are displayed! I bet it was alot of pressure though-getting prepared
for the visitors. It's good you can relax now!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Lovely flowers! How wonderful to be asked to be part of a garden tour! I bet that was fun the day of the tour.