Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Easy Cinnamon Roll Waffles

It's been close to 100 degrees here for weeks and it's just
too hot to turn on the oven.

The other day I had most of my grandchildren here for breakfast.
So my daughter #1 brought over the makings for these
yummy little cinnamon rolls that are baked in a waffle iron.

It didn't heat up the kitchen much at all.


We used these, but I think the frozen yeast cinnamon rolls would
be even better.


Baked them for about 4 minutes.


Iced them with the icing that came in the can.


A nice little treat and a cool kitchen.




5 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Just say the word cinnamon and I'm there in a flash. I don't have a waffle iron but these sure look easy to make. Yum! Loved seeing the pictures "behind your fence". We only plant in deck pots because of deer and groundhogs. My grape and cherry tomatoes have done great this year. I think as long as we keep them watered, they love the heat.
Happy Wednesday Mimi Sue!
xo

cynthia lee designs said...

My granddaughter and I love to bake together...and these will be perfect for us to make.
Cindy

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, oh wow, so easy and so yummy, will try for sure. Thanks Francine.

Simple Home said...

I've got to try this! They sound delicious. My kids gave me a waffle maker for Mother's Day. The first one I've ever owned, believe it or not, and I absolutely love waffles :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Geneva said...

Wow! I would never have thought to do that...looks easy and yummy! Love the idea a LOT!