Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Check!

 It's been freakishly cold here in Northern Utah this week.  Wind chills in the below zeros,  NOT my favorite weather.  Today I miss the Central Coast of California where I grew up and lived until the mister retired. 

OK, I feel better now that I've had a little pity party.  Thank you! 

And speaking of the mister...look what he did!  After living in our little cottage for three years and two months he put the trim on the last window!

 Did I tell you that man lives to make me happy?  Well, he does. 


 One more item checked off our to-do list.
Thank you honey!

14 comments:

Julie Harward said...

It looks really nice...I think he is just stringing out the love! LOL

Sunny Simple Life said...

Your kitchen looks so cute. I love yellow. I am thinking of painting mine yellow. Just thinking so far. How did you manage to leave the Central Coast? It is such a beautiful place and the weather is the best there.

mimi said...

Your window looks PERFECT!!! The Mister sure did a great job. The weather here in Pittsburgh sure has been goofy too. Today it could not decide if it wanted to freezing rain, snow, or just rain. The weather man said tomorrow will bring more snow along with colder temps and wind---YIKES!!! I guess as long as I don't have to drive in it and can stay at home and hide out in my craft studio I will be fine.
Stay warm ---Looking at winter will be much nicer now through your pretty new window. xoxoxo

Susan said...

Your window looks really nice!!

Beth at Aunties said...

We truly are lucky to ahve wonderful men in our lives who live to make us happy! Mine still has most of the basement frames to finish... which he is working on ...

Yours look beautiful:) Congratulatons another precious grandchild. I also love the Valentine frame you taught other sisters how to make...including me:) I am borrowing your idea!
Think WARM!

Scrap for Joy said...

I would love to be standing at that window looking out...the picket fence is so cute and I love your cherry plates..so cozy. We're never in a big hurry to finish projects here either but eventually they get finished. Scratch another thing off your list. :)
xoxo
Joyce

GRAMS said...

At that rate your house should be finished by about the time I finish my scarf. I don't want to talk about it either.

Lisa said...

Darling. Darling. Darling, darling, darling. Do you ever get tired of hearing that word? Too bad.

The Gathering Place said...

It is so cold that I think I would be tempted to move back to California! I'm from Idaho and it is just as cold as here. I guess we'll just have to bundle up!

Angie said...

Yay for you! You have it decorated so cute and cozy!

Gayle said...

Slow but sure will get everything done eventually! LOL

Connie said...

Ahh, how nice of your wonderful husband. It's amazing how much difference one thing can make in a home.

Donna said...

Oh, how pretty. Your window looks so nice, Mimi. The Mister did a wonderful job.

Stay warm!
Hugs,
Donna

Paula Cheney said...

I was in SLO on Saturday where the weather was perfect (of course) for shorts and flip-flops. Of course we had to break out the bbq. I say Boo! on snow!