Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cushy for Our Tushy

I've been wanting some soft, cushy chairs for our dining area ever since we moved into
this house more than 3 years ago.  Last week I finally got some. 
We like to sit here in the morning with our bowls of cheerios and read the paper
and now we can do it in comfort.  Plus we can move them around if
we need extra seating in the family room. 



They're from IKEA.  Only $49.00.


 I bought the slipcovers from a catalog a while back and can't remember the name of the company.
They were a great deal too.  I couldn't have made them for what I paid for them.  I'll try to remember where I got them.  (It'll come to me in the middle of the night I'm sure!)
Because the back legs are curved I couldn't pull the slipcover down over them so I was going to hem them
but my neighbor came over and said she liked them shimmied up like this.  So I might just leave them alone.
I'm so happy to have them.  I love checks almost as much as I love polka dots.

17 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I love checks and polka dots too...and these are so nice..enjoy them! :D

Donna said...

Mimi, they look great! I love checks too.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Way cute. IKEA huh. You know, I have never been there. Most of my girls have, and they like it bunches and keep telling me I need to go there. I think I do! I love your cushy tushy chairs! Pretty much like the slip cover as well. Enjoy
Mercy
Glad to hear someone else gets 'freaked' out over the stress of things. Yikes! you have your share the first of the month huh!

Brenda said...

I think they look great too! I love the checks! What a sweet find!
Way to go!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, this is just what I've been looking for! And the right price! I stand up most of the time because the darned chairs hurt my butt!
Brenda

Connie said...

They look great! Now you can sit and visit after eating in comfort.

The Gathering Place said...

Cute chairs~! We just went to Ikea yesterday. What a HUGE place, but lots of fun things to buy.

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love the black and white check. It is important to be comfy when we are having our breakfast. Right? I just did a post on your package. Thanks so much. I sent you a private e-mail too.

Vintage Gal said...

I just found your blog through Sunny Simple Life and I have to say I LOVE your chairs. I love checks and polka dots too ~ have a wonderful day ;-) i'll defiitely follow along.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

LOVE THEM!! The chairs and the slips. I love black and white checks...
Hugs,
Penny

Lorilee said...

They are lovely. I have never been to an Ikea. We don't have one here. There is probably one in Houston which is several hours away! That is probably a GOOD thing.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Sue said...

These are adorable...I love all things Ikea...infact I'm headed down there in the morning...and I too love anything checked...

Robin Johnson said...

They look fabulous Mimi. I've been thinking of picking up a couple for our dinning room. You have inspired me to go for it.

Gayle said...

I LIKE them!

Lisa said...

Checks, polka dots, plaid...it's all manna from Heaven if you ask me. Love the chairs!

Simple Home said...

I agree with your neighbor, they have a gathered look that way. I just went to IKEA the first time a few weeks ago. I can't wait to go back. I love these chairs!
Btw, we do still have the kitty...but we haven't named her yet. I added a little comment to my post, thanking you for asking :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Calypso In The Country said...

Love those chairs! What a great find! I just came across your blog and I love it! I also wanted to comment that my kids call my mom Mimi also!
Have a great weekend!
Shelley