Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Sayings

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise man grows it under his feet."  James Openheim

7 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a wonderful quote for any day but especially good on a Sunday morning.
How are you my sweet friend. I have missed coming by here so I am trying to catch up with you while I am here.
I always enjoy your site. Hope you have a beautiful Sunday and week
Love
Maggie

wendy said...

I'll need to get rid of some of the snow and mud first I'm afraid.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Oooo, you always seem to have what I need! :0
It was 68 here today! How about there?
Enjoy
Mercy

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Yes, so true!!!!!!

Love it!!!

Mimi, your home looks adorable and the carrots are super sweet hanging on your fabulous red door!

Happy spring!

xxoo
becky

Hearts Turned said...

Such a beautiful saying, my friend...and so very true!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Julie

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Mimi Sue,
Boy did I laugh over that 'Friends of Irony' photo. So great!!
And your Spring Carrots turned out adorable!!!

Nana said...

Amen to that!