Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tole Trays


Sometime last year my darling friend Diane from California came to visit.
She noticed that I had a little collection of black metal trays.


Diane said she thought she had one in storage and she'd try to find it for me.
Well, I guess she found it cause
 look what came in the mail last week!




 It looks like it's hand painted.
Don't you love the colors?

It's such a unique pattern.

THANK YOU Diane!!
I love it!!

I have a few others.

Some are wood and kind of new.



Some are metal and old.

 Some are stamped and some are hand painted.
 This one's made out of paper mache?  Or some kind of cardboardish material.


 I've found them on Ebay, picked some up at garage sales and thrift stores, and bought a couple at cute little shops.  But it was so much fun finding one in my mailbox last week.

9 comments:

Julie Harward said...

These are really pretty, I loved that last one1 A nice thing to have in a home I think! ;D

janis said...

How very lovely! And you display them well.
I imagine finding one send was a grand find! I love friends like that♥

Hearts Turned said...

What a beautiful collection you have! Love the way you have them displayed, too...what wonderful accents they are!

Hope your day is lovely, my friend...

Julie

Donna said...

Love them all, Mimi! You have a beautiful collection. I just posted today on tole...we must be on the same wave length.

Hugs,
Donna

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

I LOVE all your trays and how fun to get one in the mail...from CA!

Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Hugs,
Maryjane

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a wonderful collection!!! And I loooove the new one! Lucky you. : )
xo,
M.L.

wendy said...

those are all really really beautiful.

Kathleen Grace said...

These are gorgeous, and now you will think of your friend every time you see that cute tray:>) I never see these at the thrift stores or estate sales around here.

Diane's Photography said...

I'm so glad I found it. For a year I couldn't remember where it was and one day decided to clean out my pantry...there it was inbetween the gift bags I recycle. I was excited and sent it right off to you. Doris Johnson painted it maybe 20 years ago. I'm glad you like it my darling friend! love ya