Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Polka Dot Porch Pillows

It's been FREEZING here in northern Utah.
And raining for days on end. 
There was no
way I was going to work outside, so I did a little sewing.
Inside where it's warm.





 New pillows for the porch rockers.  For when it's
warm and sunny.  I'm trying to be optimistic.

18 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Red polka dots always get my stamp of approval.

Julie Harward said...

Well, it gave me a lift..love them. so bright and beautiful. I love the bee keep behind the chair, where did you get it?

The Gathering Place said...

What a fun, bright color to see on your porch! (With all this rain we NEED something bright!)

Comeca Jones said...

So fun!

janis said...

I love them! So inviting♥

Simple Home said...

They look perfect for summer. I'm wishing for a little warmer weather too :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Lallee said...

Those cute polka dots are going to draw the sun right in. Hoping for you.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, you know I love it. Polka dots!
Brenda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Loving those polka dot cushions!!
Hugs,
Penny

Brenda said...

I have a weakness for polka dots, especially red and white!

Super adorable! You know, I love your front porch!

Stacey said...

Just adorable! I can never get enough polka dots. :)

La Vie Quotidienne said...

These cushions are far too cute...love the polka-a-dots. Very charming.

The roses you asked about are shrub roses...there might be a climbing variety, but I am not sure. They are very prolific.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Nothing cheers me up like polka dots...smart thinking!! Soooo cute!! : )
M.L.

Connie said...

Love the red and white polka dots! Perhaps they will bring us some warm, sunny weather that will stay!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You know I love these!!!!!!

xxoo

Donna said...

Love your porch pillows, Mimi. So happy and bright! Sending warm weather your way.

Hugs,
Donna

Aubrey said...

They're so cute--what did you make them out of? I want to make pillows for my bench in the front but want weather resistant fabric and keep forgetting to search if there's a spray I can put on regular fabric.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Aw, new pillows, what a fresh new look. I love your patio/cover also, I can just imagine your fun picnics.

come visit
cindy@stitches