Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Sayings



"I looked on child rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that was fully
as interesting and challenging as any honorable profession in the world and one that
demanded the best I could bring to it."   Rose Kennedy


Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Such a beautiful image--and what a wonderful quote for today!

Hope your Mother's Day is just lovely, my friend!

Julie

Connie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Love the quote.

Susan said...

What a beautiful image!! That should be why or how anyone takes on motherhood!

Julie Harward said...

I hope your mothers day was just wonderful for you! (Love the wash stand below..beautiful) :D

Lisa said...

Well said. And LOVE the beautiful painting. Makes me wish I looked like that as I go about my mothering labors, rather than in a stained nightgown and bedhead hair. :) But either way, it works.