Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Sayings



"Happiness?  The color of it must be spring green."   Frances Mayes

9 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Hi,

I love your yellow tulips...they remind me of the color that the Queen wore to the wedding and all the comments about it expressing her happiness. I don't know about that but these certainly are joyful and happy flowers!

Connie said...

I definitely agree with that quote. After having snow this weekend, Spring green is a welcome sight. It makes me happy!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Beautiful quote!

Diane's Photography said...

The tulips are beautiful Sue...
just like you!
love ya

Kathleen Grace said...

I do believe the color of happiness may indeed be spring green:>) Don't you love the soft green mist of new leaves showing up on the trees?

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Hi Mimi - I am in the beautiful city of Nauvoo at this very moment. It's my first visit, John and I came to bring his sister home from her mission. Your tulups look like they belong her.

I've been very busy but I'm going to get my blog up and running again. Within the next month.

come visit
hugs
cindy@stitches

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

Looking out my window right now, I'd have to agree with the quote.

Ann-Marie

Hearts Turned said...

So beautiful and so true, my friend...Hoping you're having a lovely Sunday!

Julie

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thanks so much for the tour of the quilt exhibit below. Absolutely wonderful!!! : )
M.L.