Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Giving and Receiving

Due to our excessive birthday celebrations around Mimi's Cottage, we've been doing a lot of giving around here. We've also been receiving a few things. My friend Janis, who has the cute Grams blog came over the other day and brought me this. Buttermilk pralines. She made the pralines and packaged them in a recycled baby food plastic container. Such a great idea she made a little sticker/tag to cover up the Gerber label. Way to be green, Janis! As you can see, Mimi took a spoon and sampled the pralines. They are (were) delish. My new friend Sue, who came over with Janis, brought me banana muffins and homemade strawberry freezer jam. Also delish.
I got a little package of Mary Englebreit accessories from Sue. I heart Mary Englebreit. I met her years ago when she first started marketing her art. She came to a Hallmark store in our little town and signed Christmas ornaments.




When Sue went to Ohio to visit her grandchildren, she did some fun shopping and brought me home this monogrammed linen. The colors are perfect for my red and yellow house. These girls are always bringing me the cutest things. Thank you Janis and Sue!


I've had a big stack of presents to wrap. I love to wrap presents.



Sometimes I use bags...

Sometimes wrapping paper...
Sometimes I make tags...


So is it better to give or receive? I can't make up my mind.

14 comments:

cherry said...

Mimi..please tell me where o where you got the red polka dot paper..I LOVE it! I love all your wrapping...I enjoy doing that as well....those are my fave colors...blue/reds

Just a bed of roses said...

At first I thought it was YOUR birthday...was it?
And to give or receive...that IS the question...cant figure that one out!
With Mothers Day coming soon, It will be nice to be on the receiving end...oh naughty me!

Unknown said...

I love all of your wrapping ideas. I enjoy making a package looks so delish.
Teresa

Annie said...

I love all the packaging! and Darcy loved what was inside! Thank you again for all the wonderful presents. I love the monogrammed linen. Lucky you!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Both are great! I love packaging. It makes something even ordinary very special. All these look so cute.

Donna said...

Giving and receiving are both good. What great gifts, and I love all the packaging.

Hugs,
Donna

Aubrey said...

That praline stuff looks pretty dang tasty--do you think she'd share how to make it for people who don't need to gain extra weight when they're doing ot gain weight regardless of what they do this summer?

I like Mary Englebright, too, and Nicole just got a bunch of Moda ME fabric she doesn't really like--I should tell her where to send it.

We haven't been sick--but now I wish we were to get out of making dinner one night! ;) My husband and I have been watching The Office in DVD and are so addicted that that's all we do at night and for some reason I just stopped getting on the computer for over two weeks. I wasn't even reading blogs. I thought of blog posts, but was too lazy to write them. I guess I could at least write short ones--that are shorter than this comment--so people know I haven't fallen off the radar.

Beth at Aunties said...

Loved your whole post of color and love, giving and receiving.

Ginger said...

The pralines, the muffins, and the strawberry jam all look so good.
I like to wrap presents too, but lately I find it hard to find cute wrapping paper. I like your red paper, and the gift bags. I think for me, I like to give more, but it's always nice to receive something too, especially a surprise.

Nola said...

That food looks delish! I love pralines, yum. How nice to have friends who share their homemade goodies!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Looks like there's been a bit of celebrating going on....
Wrapping a gift can be just as fun as creating it. you had so many wonderful festive papers. Where did you find them? Your tags were just as cute as the packaging. I could spend hours making gift tags, there's so many possibilities and so little time. :D

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Anonymous said...

Those packages are adorable!! If I received a stack of those, I would barely be able to unwrap them -- I'd definitely have to take a picture first :)

Diane's Photography said...

Sue, you are sooo much fun, no wonder I miss you so much!
love you
Happy Mothers Day
Diane

Kathleen Grace said...

Everything here is adorably cute! If I got one of those packages I would never want to open it, they are that pretty:>) I love Mary Engelbreit too!