Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Thursday, May 28, 2009

Window Boxes

While the mister and I were on our fun cruise look what the Fed Ex man brought! The window boxes I ordered from Vermont. Tina, at Cherry Hill Cottage, did a post on her new window boxes so I went on over to have a look. Made of cedar, painted any color, any size, reasonable prices, free shipping. Could we have built these ourselves? Yes, but we have so many other things on our list that we decided we'd just go for it.

They had several different styles...


Love them and from the time I ordered them online until they were delivered only took about a week. Thank you Cilibertos!

I've been assigned to make the punch for a baby shower on Saturday. I'm making homemade strawberry lemonade with lemonade-heart shaped-ice cubes.

While I'm making dozens of lemonade cubes (got the mold at IKEA), the mister hung the porch swing. Don't you just love a man on a ladder? Tomorrow I'm foofing up the porch because I'm going to Rhondi's Porch Party next week. I'm on my way to the craft room to start making some pillows for the swing.


17 comments:

Just a bed of roses said...

Love the window boxes on your home, the paneled look is neat. A porch party, now that's one way to get an early start to get your porches ready for the summer...and other things!
Neat idea for a pink summer punch too...of course your full of new ideas.

Nola said...

Those are perfect for your house! I'm going to pop over and see what all they have, even though I have no place to put a window box. Well,maybe I could squeeze on in under the breakfast room windows...

GRAMS said...

I thought Dave made them. They do look very good. Even better in person. I have that big window box on the front of my house and have never put anything in it in the 17 years we have lived here.
Sue and I are talking about doing something next week. Are you game?
Yesterday I made 6 SUMMERS and 4 LIBERTYS and 2 teacher gifts. I'm pooped but rich.
Love Ya, Janis

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

Oh you remembered about the lemonade! I'm stressed to the max about this shower. I hope I can pull it off ok. We are STILL trying to finish our kitchen. It won't be completely done by tomorrow but thats ok. Thanks so much for your help.

Donna said...

The window boxes look wonderful! Love that porch swing too.

Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

Ginger said...

I love those window boxes you ordered. They really add character to your house.
I also love that porch swing. Your porch is going to look so inviting. I like the wooden wagon you have on it too.

Glimpse of My World said...

love your window boxes!! Smiles!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love the window boxes. So pretty!
Carrie

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love those window boxes! I really like the modling detail! I'm trying to get ready for the porch party too....so much to do! It should be fun, can't wait to see yours!

Manuela

Nicole said...

I love your window boxes, they look absolutely perfect. I'd love to have some window boxes, maybe I should save my money. Your swing is soooo cute too. I think I'd be spending a lot of summer evenings out there sipping some cherry coke!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I had a bit of catching up to do....
You've been pretty busy. I was hoping mister was going to give us a tutorial on that cute towel critter.
Well, maybe after the 4000 "honey do list" gets a tad shorter.

I love the plethora of flowers and colors in all your photos. I love this time of year (in spite of the allergies). The fresh blooms always makes up for the histamines.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I've been looking for someone to make me window boxes for years. I'll contact this guy, thanks. I hope you show us your pillows.

Cindy Geilmann, a friend of Brenda @just a bed of roses.

PunkRose {Sher} said...

One of my projects this Summer is building Window Boxes for our Bay Windows, we have 3. Oh your's are just darling! You gave me inspiration with this post! xo

Annie said...

So great you could order those and put them right up. My kind of window box. They look great! I think the swing looks great too! The girls will love that this summer.

Aubrey said...

I saw that post too and want a windowbox so badly for my kitchen window, but we're still in the "we have to make everything ourselves" stage, and you know how long those projects take. I can't wait to see yours all filled in when the plants get bigger. And your porch swing is dreamy. My husband wants one so badly--with the porch to go with it. ;)

Unknown said...

Oh I know that cute Miss Brends... Hi there-- I'm a local too! We've got a white antique swing on the corner of our front porch too!! Pretty blog!
The punch sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

P.S. Didn't mean to spell poor Brenda's name with an "s" It's time for bed!