Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's a Sickness

In the past couple of months I've added a few dishes to my ever growing collection.
These adorable Johnson Brothers dinner and salad plates...


 


 And these plain white dishes found at the Dollar Store...  (I saw them last spring and went home to think about whether I should buy them or not, and when I went back for them a few days later they were all gone.)
 I love white dishes.  They look good with just about anything.  Love them at Christmas with a red and white checked tablecloth or for Easter dinner with pastel linens. 

 Love their details.  A big thank you to Robyn at The Pink Peony of Le Jardin for letting her readers know they had a new supply.
 I bought a few...
I just couldn't help myself.

Gray and cloudy days make for shadowy pictures, sorry.

15 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

HA! I love your definition of a "few". They are great looking plates, I still haven't stopped my to see if my store has any yet. Hmmm, maybe tomorrow will be the day.

The Gathering Place said...

I like white plates, too! My china is white and also our "next best set". I like your red plates, too! How fun.

Just a bed of roses said...

For those of us who DON'T SET a PRETTY TABLE...your putting us to shame Mimi!
You make it look SO EASY!

Do you have to then COOK?

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

A few????

;-)



I love the polka dot chargers.. or are they big plates? Ya, it is a sickness...I have it as well. But at least my cupboards are full of good things, leaving less room for clutter like....pans!
I do love your Johnson Brothers dinner and salad plates. How pretty the bowls must be.
Enjoy
Mercy
Good luck with your crazy busy this week!

Vintage Gal said...

A few dishes? Wow ~ Love them and you are right the white dishes are so versatile. Hae a great day ;-)

mimi said...

Oh I think I have the same sickness :) I just added a few more plates to my collection too. They are red and white polka dot from Target. I just couldn't help myself :)
xoxo
Mimi
I love the white plates too---hmmm I just may have to take a trip to the dollar store

Connie said...

I can handle that kind of sickness!
Love the plates!

Donna said...

Love your red and white Johnson Brothers plates! They're beautiful. And, I agree, white plates are so wonderful to have and seem to go with everything!

Hugs,
Donna

Elizabeth said...

I have the same sickness! It is so hard to resist pretty plates!

Simple Home said...

I use white plates everyday. Mine are very plain, I like the little dotted rim on yours. I've always loved those red and white plates. I only have a few though.
Hope it warms up soon :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Diane's Photography said...

I love love love your dish collection Sue, maybe we can have lunch on them when I come out to visit in March! Miss you still
Diane

Lisa said...

I feel less humiliated about my obsession, now that I know you suffer as well. I bought...seriously...24 dessert plates last week. Just in case. And because they were red and white polka dot. Thus they screamed bloody murder at me in the store, until I gathered them safely into my arms.

Glad to know I'm in good company. :)

Kathleen Grace said...

If it's a sickness I'm ill too. Lets face it, we have to eat every day, why look at the same dishes 3 times a day forever? Right? I love Johnson Brothers and these are so pretty. I just got my first white dishes a couple months ago and I love them. Now how much fun are you going to have setting the table:>)

Nicole said...

I love your dishes. Now that I have a little more room in my house that's one thing I'd love to start collecting some pretty plates. Have you been to that new antique store across from First National Bank in Layton on Gentile. They had some pastel vintage melamine plates I'm kicking myself for not buying.

Lallee said...

I love both dishes. The dollar store for the white ones? I bought the heavy restaurant style white dishes from Wal-Mart a couple of years ago for my birthday. Now I'm tired of the bulky/heaviness of them. Can't decide what to do!!!