Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sunny and Warm


The Mister and I made a quick trip to sunny and warm Arizona last week.
I wore my flip flops for three days!





To see these cute kids get married.  (Our nephew and his new bride)

There was yummy cake.

And a delicious dinner.

And on our way home, in a little town out in the middle of nowhere, I found a new project.
I wonder why the mister said NO?

He can be so unreasonable sometimes!

7 comments:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

He he he! The Mr. here at the Stone House would have said NO as well!
What's up with that? lol
Flip flops for 3 whole days and warm sun? WOW! I wanna go where the lizzards are out roaming the sun drenched sand too! How fun. It is the best rest sometimes to get away and see a new view huh!
Sorry about your project...:-)
Maybe you can find closer to home...
Enjoy
Mercy

GRAMS said...

What a joy kill. Maybe I'll go buy it. Glad you're home. Let's play!!!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

OMGose Mimi, I would love to have that project too. The flip flops sound wonderful. I also love your dishes. I've missed our visit's.

hugs
cindy@stitches

Donna said...

Sounds like a fun trip, Mimi! I had to smile when I saw the "new project" that you found and the Mr. wanted nothing to do with. Ha!

Hugs,
Donna

Connie said...

Flip flops and warm weather. Sounds heavenly. It's good you could make the quick trip to be with family.

What's wrong with having a new project?

Lisa said...

Hahahaha! A new doublewide project? HAHAHAHA! You slay me, Mimi. So glad you had a warm few days~I mistook the wedding cake as your dinner. I guess that's just projecting my own tendencies to you. Beautiful couple~I remember those days. Wouldn't go back for the world, but loved them just the same. I went past your home the other day, and saw your husband sitting out on the front porch. I almost yelled hello, but then realized he doesn't know me from Adam. Next time. :)

Lallee said...

Hubbies can be such squelchers ;-) Don't you love flip-flop weather? I am so happy to be back in mine. Beautiful wedding--beautiful couple!