Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Thursday, March 12, 2009

1-2-3 Cookies

The #1 daughter came over yesterday and brought a lemon cake mix so that we could make some 1-2-3 cookies. Her sister in California used a chocolate cake mix and added in white chocolate chips. These are so quick and easy and pretty darn good. Here's the recipe...

1 box of cake mix any flavor (get creative!)
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
any add ins you want (get creative!)
Mix all ingredients together.
Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 mins. Or until
they start to brown..tan really..around the edges.




We frosted ours with a lemon glaze. Approx. 1 cup powdered sugar with the juice of one lemon. You have to add more or less lemon juice just keep mixing, to make it runny enough to be a glaze.





13 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

YUMMY! I love trying new recipes!

Thanks,
Rachel

Nola said...

I love cake mix cookies, I've been making them for years. With the variety of mixes and add-ins available, you can have anything you can dream up! And SO simple. Yum, makes me want to whip up a batch now...

Beth at Aunties said...

These are so simple and very yummy! I haven't made them for a while because I tend to eat more than just one:-)

Thanks for your comments!
♥♥♥

Annie said...

Very creative! I'm going to try those!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Oh my gosh these look amazing. My sis in law made some similar with the box cake mix...but she did chocolate with white frosting and a touch of coconut flavoring I think...oh and she added choc. chips. Yum! I can't wait to try yours...they look springy and I love lemon. I need to eat I think! hahaha. great post. Have a great day girl...you look like you have accomplished alot on your blog! Wow. I am impressed!
Blessings,
Debbie

Made In The South said...

Can't wait to try these. They look really good.

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH..that sounds so very good...I may make these this weekend...love lemon!

Have a great weekend!
sandy toe

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

I love easy yummy cookies like this! Just up my ally! Have your tried a chocolate cake mix and a can of pupmkin and a bag of chocolate chips? ooooowwwww, so yummy too! I'll be posting a couple of ways to rust things. I'm headed west to the city again today..Have a great week end! ♥

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

I'm gonna try these tomorrow. Thanks Sue Sue. You do HAVE to try my sugar cookies though. They really are sooooo good. So glad to have you back from Cali!

Anne Fannie said...

Boy do those look yummy and easy to make. I love recipes like that!
Thanks for sharing!
~Ann

Aubrey said...

I've made those. Definitely worth the eating.

I left a comment on Joy's blog--wasn't sure if I dared tell her I stalk past her house and literally AM a stalker because I looked her up in the phone book and then mapquested her house. I'm such a freak but it's worth it since it's so cute.

I think I will leave my snowman up until the 4th of July and see if anyone says anything. I have such rude neighbors, they probably WOULD.
We keep driving past that house up the street from you with the green roof (that needs new shingle, if you know what I mean) wondering if we should even bother trying to look at it--I'm so ready for more space and a totally fenced in yard and a garage.

kari and kijsa said...

So yum and easy!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Aubrey said...

we do really want to look at that house, but we kind of looked it up online and if they're still asking 250K, i'm worried that's too much for us (kind of pathetic, I know). i wonder how long it's been for sale and if we could talk them down 50K? yeah, not likely, but I still want to see the inside for myself--the internet pictures were lacking.