Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Monday, March 30, 2009

10 Somewhat Boring Things


Valerie, who has this really adorable blog, Glimpse of My World, has given me this Honest Scrap. The requirement is to list 10 things about myself and then pass it along. So here goes.

1. I worked for a school district when my kids were growing up.I first worked as a teacher's assistant and then later in the school nurse's office as a health assistant.
It was such a fabulous place to work because I had all holidays and vacations off with my kids. Plus it was three hours a day.The perfect job.
2. I had three kids in three years. The first two are fifteen months apart, the third was born twenty six months later. We adopted our fourth when she was a year old.
3. My three biological children were all born on the 3rd of the month.February 3, May 3, and July 3.
4. We lived in the same house for 17 years while raising our kids. Since 2000 we've moved five times.
5. I love being home. I'd rather nest than go out.

6. I can buy shoes in the kids department. I almost always buy my tennis shoes there. They're less expensive.
7. I once had lunch with Roseanne Barr, sort of. I was in Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in Santa Monica and she came in with her toddler and a bodyguard. She sat at the tablenext to mine. The bodyguard folded his arms and stood against a wall and gave me dirty looks.
8. I am a sixth generation Californian living in Utah.

9. I love to cook and bake.
10. I love to craft, stitch, sew, decorate, garden, and play with my three adorable grandchildren.
Phew, that was harder than it looks! I'd like to pass this on to...
Nana, from Nana's Kitchen
Nicole, from Our Cozy Nest
Sue, from Rue Mouffetard
Lewaina, from The Stone House
Aubrey, from Shiner's Circus
Janis, from Grams

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for including me mimi, It sounds like fun, plus I'm out of blogging ideas. So, Moda Bake Shop contacted me and asked me to do a tutorial on the scrappy letter that you showed me how to do. I wanted to make sure you were ok with that, I feel like it was your idea and I stole it!

Aubrey said...

Cool--now how do I get that ison thing onto my blog? I'll go try to figure it out. Sheesh, I hope I can come up with interesting things about me. I better write a draft, not publish it, think of all the things I missed that were really better, and then fix it and publish it. I'm such a nerd.

joy said...

Sue,
I'll try. I don't know how to get that picture to my blog... still just learning.
Love ,joy

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Yeah, that was fun....Thanks for including me also!!! Sometimes ya just need to think about who ya are and remember what makes ya tick....anyway I do. :-) I didn't know you were the Sue that taught Nicole how to do the letter....I love that letter! We are going to do a "D" for my mom's bedroom wall!! Thanks you for the letter via Nicole! ♥

Ginger said...

That was some interesting "stuff" about you. I love that 3 of your kids were all born on the 3rd day of the month. How did you manage that? lol. I used to work for the school district in Calif. years ago too. I was an instructional aide and a playground assistant. Like you said, the hours were great and having all the days off with the kids was perfect.
I thought that was interesting how you lived in one house for so long, then moved a lot.
Ginger

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I loved learning a little more about you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED reading your "things"!! Wow! you can buy your shoes in the kids dept? Your biological kiddos all born on the 3rd of the month? How did you do that? :) One of my best jobs was as a para in a classroom one year when my kids were little. I liked it for the same reasons you stated. Then I found a job in my course of study (also part time) and I took that cause the pay was better--and I was still able to make my schedule fit with my kids' school schedule.

Hope you have a fun April Fools Day!! Dana

Nana said...

O.k. I will do another Honest Scrap but, I have to tell you the first one was honest!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh this is fun. You are such an over achiever in the motherhood department. I would never had made it. :)