Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yard Sale ing in Sunny California

One of the things I love about California, besides wearing flip flops year round and always finding something blooming in your garden, is yard sale season never ends. So when I was out visiting last week we decided to do a little shopping. First we had to buy some supplies, you know so we could keep our strength up....


When we were properly nourished, off we went.
We found a few things. Some transferware plates in black and white,
A big cake plate dome... A cute little tea towel. Does anyone know what fabric line this is? I love this fabric and need some more.

A very fun day with our little sweet peas and their mommy.

13 comments:

Ginger said...

California has the best weather for getting out to yard sales, doesn't it? I don't know what fabric that is, but it looks old. Could it be like the old flour sack material?
I like the plates you found.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

How fun. You did find some treasures for sure. And a yard sale at a new place is fun too.:-)

Nola said...

What adorable material! Don't you love finding a beautiful unexpected treasure. I can't wait to see what you make with the fabric!

Sue said...

I always say I'm going to go garage saleing but I can never get up before noon and then all the good stuff is gone...I like the transferware plates you found..

nikkicrumpet said...

Oh man....a little California Sunshine would be a beautiful thing. I love the black & white plates. It looks like a great day was had by all. Now pass me a donut!

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

CUTE stuff. But really when are you coming home? Enough already. I miss you!

Sometimes It's Good said...

I have that tea towel but I can't remember where I got it. Sorry.
Hugs, Susan

Sue said...

MImi Sue,
This looks like a fun day with your sweet peas,sounds like you all had fun.!!!!
Blessings,
Sue

Neverfinished said...

HI~ first just wanted to say I love your blog! It is such fun to read! The tea towel looks like one I have that is from the martha stewart line from Kmart. I think i purchased this about 5-6 years ago. they came in a set of 3, one the color you have, a yellow and a darker blue all the same pattern. Hope that helps. Maybe you can find more on ebay???

Annie said...

I had so much fun! Now if only I could get out there when you aren't visiting.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What great buys! I love everything you got.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I'm so glad you posted about this fun day with your sweet peas! The pix of them in the car are adorable. : )
Love your finds!!! And that tea towel is SO SO cute!

Beth at Aunties said...

How fun Sue to be with your grandchildren!
I hope you are enjoying yourself and I liked your new treasures. The transfer plates are nice.
Oh, Sunny California.....I ♥ you!