Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Thursday, March 5, 2009

California Dreamin

When I first started my little blog my focus was going to be on the finishing, or at least the projects relating to finishing Mimi's Cottage. Somehow, lately, it's turned into Mimi Sue's shopping blog. I've been in California for the last two weeks, so no progress on the cottage, but some really fun shopping instead. You know I'm trying to keep the economy going. While in Temecula I had to visit Home Goods. I've visited a couple of Home Goods stores and this one is my favorite. I bought a toile ironing board cover and a quilt for the day bed in the craft room. I'll show you them later. They had cute sparkly Easter buildings and lots of spring stuff.
On Saturday we went to Old Town Temecula. They have a wonderful farmer's market there.

While in Old Town, we stopped by the Quilter's Coop on Front St. Gorgeous quilts, patterns, and fabrics



Loved that little pink stove.




he next stop was a place called Rooster Creek on Main St. in Old Town. Beautiful displays, pretty good prices.












Love the blooming flowers in February in southern California. When I lived in California, I took them for granted. Here in the frozen north, not a bloom in sight.


15 comments:

Anne Fannie said...

Home Goods is my FAVORITE STORE!! I haven't visited the Temecula store just the Walnut one. I also love shopping downtown Old Towne Temecula. On the 13th and 14th we will be in Temecula for a Car Show. My husband goes and looks at cars and I go shopping! I bet you are having a blast down there! Can't wait to see what you have bought!
~Ann

Ginger said...

What a great time you must be having. I like Home Goods too, and I plan on going to the Las Vegas store when I get into town next week. The other store you went to looks like they have some neat things too.
No blooms yet here in Cedar City either, but at least the snow finally melted.

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

Oh I wish I could have gone with you. Did I tell you I'm making a quilt? I'm also going to make a duvet cover, apron, shopping cart cover and a table cloth. I've caught the sewing bug. I want to come over and see all the cute stuff you bought on your Cali adventure!

Sometimes It's Good said...

I love Home Goods so much. I usually go to the one in Rancho Cucamonga. I'll have to check out Temecula and the Farmer's Market and their Homegoods, too. Temecula has a lot of good shops.
Hugs, Susan

Nana said...

What a fun trip. I have never been to Home Goods before.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

There is a quilt store at Gardner's village that reminds me of this one. Looks like your having a very good time!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love Home Goods! Don't they have the best things there! And what other fun places you have found! It looks like you had a great time.

Thanks for letting me stop by!

Jen

GRAMS said...

I'm so glad you are home. I hope you had a good time. It sure looks like it.

Annie said...

Temecula looks so charming from your point of view. I am so glad you came to visit. We had so much fun having you here.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Home Goods does have really cute Easter things right now. The shopping looks great there!

Manuela

Nola said...

I love shopping even if I come away with nothing but good ideas on how to display things I already have. I'm not good at coming up with my own ideas, but I can sure latch onto other's cut ideas!

Beth at Aunties said...

Can we petition the company to build a HOME GOODS STORE here?

I am dreamin too....

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Your photos are so charming! Makes me wish I was there too! :)
Carrie

Just a bed of roses said...

Oh if I had of known you were going to temecula i would have shut the store down and gone with you!!! I am so jealous.
So excited for you though and thanks a million for sharing the shops... and Christy and her roses. Oh my goodness what a neat trip. how soon before you go again? And two weeks! wow.
Dont stay away from the shop too long, okay.

Kathleen Grace said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of these grerat stores. I find that I am usually just as satisfied with looking at the pretty things in the stores and leaving them there as I would be taking them home...not that I wouldn't take a few of these things home if things weren't a bit tight right now! Ah well, I do love all the eye candy and ideas I get form just looking:>)