Mimi Sue's Cottage

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. Thomas S Monson







Monday, March 9, 2009

Message Board

I thought I would take a little break from my travel/shopping blog and show you a cute project my adorable daughter made for me. First she found an old metal cookie sheet and spray painted it red.Then she went to Walmart and bought a bag of those clear melted marble things you put in flower vases. They're over near the craft department, they cost about $1.99 for a bag of them. You then set the marble things on some scrapbook paper and draw around the shape and cut out, trimming it a little bit smaller than the marble thing. Next you decoupage it on underneath the marble thing so you can see the design on the paper. Glue on a little magnet and you have a cute message board with magnets that go with your decor.




You could also glue them on tacks for a bulletin board. I think they'd make a cute and inexpensive little gift packaged in a small cellophane bag with some shred. Thanks so much for my cute message board Annie.


9 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

It would seems that the apple hasn't fallen far from the crafty tree. :)

Angie said...

This is just so cute! I am putting this on my list of crafts to do!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

I have to agree with Laura Ingalls Gunn.... I LOVE LOVE the red! How does it hang? We made these kind of magnets at our last enrichment night. They were fun.
♥ Lewaina

For our end of the reception buisness, we are going to have an outdoor BBQ, and I am hanging old jars filled with votives from the trees!! Such a great idea! Thank a bunch!!!!!

GRAMS said...

Very cute. Don't you love it when your kids make you things?
I can totally understand your overspending in CA. I would have too. I always set a limit on my outings and usually go over. Are you doing anything fun at enrichment? Ours is tonight and we are having a LUAU. Maybe we can get together next week for some window shopping. Janis

Aubrey said...

That't so cute--I just happen to have a cookie sheet like that I want to spray paint and use--do you know what brand and color she sprayed yours with?

Beth at Aunties said...

What an a darling idea and gift.
I am so glad you had so much fun with your daughter and grandchildren!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Such a cute USEFUL thing she made! It's great when the kids get old enough to do things like that!

Annie said...

This is for Aubrey: the spray paint is from LOWES and it's Rust-Oleum American Accent Colonial Red! I love this color!

Nola said...

How adorable! I love those marbley things, never thought to add something to them, how wonderful!